Published: Thursday, 08 March 2012 18:36
Swiss Oatmeal is served cold (not hot). This healthy and easy breakfast is made the night before with virtually no prep time.
About 1 cup old fashioned oats
Milk or water
1/2 cup (or so) of plain or vanilla yogurt (option: Use Greek for more protein!)
cinnamon or brown sugar or honey to taste
fruit of choice (blueberries, craisins, banana, or raisins)
1. The night before, place oats into a bowl. Pour in water or milk of choice, just barely covering the oats. Cover the bowl, and refidgerate overnight.
2. In the morning, stir in yogurt, spices and fruit. Serve cold.
- Up the quantities to easily make a few more servings.
- You may need to drain excess liquid in the morning. Play around with measurements to find proportions that suits your tastes best.
- Quick cooking oats tend to be smaller in size than old fashioned oats, and will typically turn out too mushy.
- Yogurt binds everything together, so don't skip this step.
- This recipe is by no means exact, so experiment and make it your own.
- Don't be surprised if this turns out to be a family fave!